Monday, July 31, 2006

from ria

dearest reem....

I just read all of your emails back to back and it would be understating it if i said that I was disturbed and shocked. Reem, I am so entirely disgusted and angered by this entire situation and i am so sorry that you and your family, firends and country have to go through such an injustice. It makes us ask ourselves why? - Why in many senses of the word. It is so sad and so uneccesary. I am only hoping that this will be over very soon and that no more innocent lives are destroyed and memories lost. I am thinking always of you and your parents. I know that they will be safe and you will be with them soon. The strength that you must have gained in this ordeal will always help you through life and teach you a resilience that a few of us have.... You have been very strong. Your decision to leave must have been excruciatiing. But just know that whatever you are feeling about it right now- yourparents are happy! I dont understand why this is happening but it is so clearly wrong that it is absolutely shocking and almost criminal that most of the international community is condoning it. I hope that there will be some justice soon- but being realistic I am not sure that this is going to happen soon. I will be here for you always. If you want anything... If you or your family need a place to stay or anything else.... PLEASE tell me.i will do everything i can. If you go back to the states, you are welcome to stay in my apartment- dont know if you still have my keys - but we can organize it if you need to. I am in bombay right now- will be here for another 6 weeks. Thinking of you and please keep sending the updates. ARe you onn your lebonese phone- I will call you if you are and if you are free to talk that would be wonderful. But sending you all my prayer sand thoughts

always ria