Monday, July 31, 2006

from elyne

Reem,

Even before I received your email, I had been thinking about you, notknowing where you were or to what extent your family was affected bythis conflict. I am grateful to hear from you, and I apologize for notreaching out sooner.Please continue to send correspondence. Please continue to enlightenas many people as possible. And please tell me if there is anythingthat I could possibly do -- large or small -- for you or your family.(I have already done the one thing that I could think of, which was towrite to my representatives in Washington. I'm sorry and frustratedthat my influence is so minute. But if there is anything that you canthink of...)My thoughts are with you.

With great respect and love,
Elyne

Reem,
I am very relieved to hear that you are safe in Jordan. Your strength,the strength of you family, and the strength of your countrymen andwomen are all an inspiration.With respect,Elyne