Monday, July 31, 2006

from maha

Hi Hayate,

I'm glad to know that you're safe, and I'm glad that your parents got back to their home alright. Your email was very touching. You've been through so much, wish I could have been there for you. Inshallah this will end soon and you'll be reunited with your parents. Till then, stay strong like you have been.
I went to a Lebanese demonstration yesterday with a colleague of mine. I was very disappointed. There must have been like 200 people or so, but most of the people who were there were carrying Palestinian flags and some Iraqi. Apparently there had been a Palestinian demonstration planned at the same place and time. It was disappointing because they mixed up lots of issues together rather than make a strong clear statement. They began chanting about peace in Lebanon and Gaza....it ended up with 'long live hizbullah and blow up tel aviv'. Typical. I can't describe the mood, it wasn't anger or sadness, it was like people were going out for a coffee. Jokes about the war were being thrown left and right, usual Arab perverts, it was strange to say the least. I expected a more sombre mood. It was good to see some Jews there. They carried slogans condemning the Israeli government's actions.
Anyway, please stay in touch and keep me informed about the family. If you want to get out of Jordan, you know you always have another home.
If there's any way we can help, please let me know.

Love you,
Miho