Monday, July 31, 2006

from michelle

Hi Sweetheart -

what a nightmare this is. I just can't believe it - its psychotic that they have attacked Lebanon like this - well most of their actions are in comprehendsible. I'm so happy that you are okay... i don't know if you got my messages but I tried to text you. Please send my love toyour parents if you manage to speak to them and I'm so sorry that you all have to go through this. You must be so frightened... its terrible. Will the rest of the family leave? I suppose it must be hard for the grandparents to go and they want to stay just because they have been driven out before. I can't even imagine it.

Who would have thought that this could happen toprobably the most moderate and progressive country in the middle east...i've just been watching the next shocked. I don't know what you are workingon and with what organisations but as soon as I'm back in London if you needany legal opinions written I would be more than happy to help. Its impossible while I'm here because the internet barely works and you have no access to legal materials... Legal Aid only has a pre-paid phone andinternet in the bosses office and they never have any money to buy credit...its mad.

Anyway I love you and i am wishing you strength to cope with this. I would just hate to have to leave my family behind. But I have to say I think itwas the right decision to go... you can do so little if you are there and there it is no help them worrying about you being there.

Big hugs and so much love to you

xxxxx Mushy