Monday, July 31, 2006

from arjun i

Reem,

Thank you for your emails. I appreciate the first hand accounts.Insulated within the comparabley comforting confines of America--- iteasy to become out of touch with the television and media reportage ofthe grim realities in Lebanon. Unfortunately, I think this phenomenais fairly pervasive in this country and has consequently adversleyaffected American foreign policy. (Which is one reason I think it isvital for Americans to travel abroad)I have forwarded your earlier emails to friends on my contact list andplan to circulate one of the attached fliers at work. Sincenovember--- I have been working at a start up hedge fund in New York.There is a fairly large contingent of French people at my firm--- whosympathize a great deal with what is going on in Lebanon and I am surethat they would be willing do help financially in regards to thehumanitarian relief efforts--- if they already have not done so. I-myself-- plan to donate a modicum amount of my weekly pay check to oneof the relief organizations that you suggested.Please keep me up to date with news regarding the situation at handand about your well-being. My thoughts and prayers are with you, yourfamily, and friends. Hopefully a cease-fire at the very least will beat hand.I have pasted my contact information below. Please keep in touch and take care.

Yours sincerely,

Arjun